MILESTONE SESSION PREPARATION GUIDE
Baby Sessions can last up to one hour and can be held in studio or outdoor.
While I encourage peek-a-boo and other simple, fun games to invoke natural emotion, please DO NOT try to force your baby to sit still or smile. It will only make him/her upset. Please allow me to interact with your child unless I request your assistance.
SIX MONTH SITTER TIPS
For six month sessions, I suggest babies wear neutral tones with solid colors or simple patterns. Avoid Neon colors, cheesy quotes, and busy patterns as they will only detract from your baby's sweet face. Bring up to 3 outfits and email me a picture of them to me ahead of time. This will help me decide on a color scheme for your babies session prior to arrival.
Babies tend to get restless very quick. So we allow some time for breaks. Be sure to bring water and snacks for your baby so long as it has no bright colored dyes that will stain the hands and clothes. A favorite toy or familiar children's songs on your mobile phone are also suggested.
1 YEAR OLD CAKE SMASH TIPS
- Banner, Balloons, Backdrop (in stock), Paper flower pom poms, Tub
- I also have letters that spell ONE (white) and #1 cake toppers, Cake Stand
- Organic bubble bath
- 6 inch Cake and 2 Outfits (dressy & messy)
- Tutus over a Onesie, Diaper covers and beads, Hair Ribbons for girls
- Bow or Neck Ties, Suspenders & Hats for boys
- Washcloth and a bath toy from home for tub time
- When ordering the cake, get Buttercream icing, (fondant is too hard, whipped may melt).
- No dark pink, red, or dark blue icing
- Vanilla cake flavor ONLY. No chocolate, red velvet, etc.
- Local Bakeries: Harris Teeter, Publix, The Blushing Bakeshop, Tizzerts, Suarez or your favorite!
WHAT TO BRING:
- Extra parents clothes (your baby WILL get YOU messy)
- Clean clothes to take your baby home in
- Sippy cup for water (your baby WILL get thirsty)
- Bath toy and baby washcloth. Wipes for quick clean ups
- Favorite Toy & Music/Videos on your phone. Cheerios or favorite small finger food
- YOUR PATIENCE and LAUGHTER. We don't want you to force your baby as it will only make him/her upset. Please stay calm and allow your child to explore and have fun.
- If planning a separate party, we suggest using same party colors at the cake smash to save you money on props and to keep a consistent color scheme
- A few days before the smash session, get a cupcake in same flavor and icing colors to help your baby get used to this new sweet taste and creamy texture
- At the session your child may dive in, or may need a little help. This is where mom's hand may come in handy by smearing a bit of icing on the lips so your baby taste. Or you can try putting cheerios, sprinkles, or a favorite finger food on the cake to encourage your baby to go for it.
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to capture these precious moments in time for your family. It truly means the world to me and I know your photographs will create unforgettable memories for generations to come. Please do not hesitate to let me know if there is anything I can do to make our time together go smoothly.